All School Musical Info-**UPDATED with callbacks
We are pleased to announce that are our all school musical for Spring 2020 is... Newsies!
Bravo to all of our students who took a risk and auditioned for our all school musical earlier this week!
Please look for your name on the Call Back List posted below or find it posted on the theater doors and main school doors.
The audition packet has also been updated with information regarding preparing for your callback audition, next Tuesday, January 21st.
- Who: All Studio School students Kindergarten - 5th grade
- What: Open audition for all the roles in The Studio School’s production of Newsies
- Tuesday, January 14th, at 2:30 pm - 4:00 Parent meeting and audition workshop, at The Studio School, to learn a song and dance from Newsies. This audition workshop is highly recommended, but not required. If a young performer does not come to the workshop on January 14th, they will not receive audition materials until January 16th, but they are still welcome to audition. Jan. 14th is also your first chance to SIGN UP for audition times! Performers report to the Theater after school. Although this meeting is highly recommended for all parents, you may visit the school website or email us if you cannot attend.
Thursday, January 16th, at 2:30 pm - Open auditions in The Studio School Theater (2:30 pm - 6:30 pm)
- 20 minute slots scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis starting on January 14th at the workshop. Last-minute sign up is available at 2:30 pm on Thursday, January 16th. However, priority scheduling is given to performers that attend the audition workshop.
- January 21st, at 2:30 pm - Call-back auditions in The Studio School Music Room (by invitation only)
January 28th - May 8th: Rehearsals, on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays from 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm at The Studio School
- (Lead Characters Rehearse: Mon, Tue, Thurs & Fri)
- (Dancers Rehearse: Tue, Thurs, Friday)
- (Chorus Rehearse: Tue & Thurs)
- May 11th - May 14th Tech/Dress Rehearsals: evenings (Mon - Thurs) at 3:30 pm in the Northglenn High School Auditorium – These Rehearsals will be long. Please be prepared!
May 15th, 16th, 17th Performances: At Northglenn High School Auditorium
- Evening show on Friday, May 15th (6:00 pm on 5/15).
- Daytime matinees on Sat & Sun, May 16th & 17th (2:00 pm on 5/16 & 2:00 pm on 5/17). *Showtimes are subject to change.
- Where: - All Auditions and Rehearsals for the cast of Newsies will be held at The Studio School. The Tech/Dress Rehearsals (May 11th – 14th) and Performances (May 15th – 17th) will be held at Northglenn High School Auditorium
There is a $45.00 Costume fee, which is due at the first rehearsal on January 28th.
A limited number of economic scholarships are available for families experiencing hardship.
In addition, we are also requiring a minimum of 10 VOLUNTEER HOURS per family during our production.
We will be striking the set and loading out on Monday, 5/18, 4:00 pm – 11:00 pm. Please come help us!
It is imperative that students and their families understand that these are intensive rehearsals and that consistent, regular attendance is absolutely crucial to the success of this production.
Please contact Christopher Sergeeff (email@example.com, or
Jonathan Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org) at The Studio School with any questions.